It’s always nice to see patients feeling inspired about regaining their active and healthy lifestyles. Here’s a letter from T.K. after a recent Regenexx-SD procedure.
Thank you so much for what you have done for me. I am on my 2nd week of getting back my life back and getting back into shape. I thought it would be a good idea to give you an update on my condition.
- Day of procedure:Slight tenderness in lower back. Used crutches for what ever movement was absolutely necessary. Stayed off my feet all day. When I went to bed I noticed a reduction in pain. I could lay on my back and not use a pillow under my knee for comfort.
- Day 2: 100% pain free! What is going on inside of my knee and hip? Over a year on pain killers. The last few months as many as 12 hydrocodone pills to make it through an active day and still have a lot of pain. All has changed overnight. Very limited activity and still on crutches. Tenderness in lower back is gone. Never experienced the expected backache.
- Day 3 and 4: Still pain free and using crutches.
- Day 5 Sunday: I am done but with the crutches. I still have a noticeable limp but from habit and not pain.Took a 15 minute walk. This is the longest walk I have taken in a very long time. First noticed muscle pain in the left hip, not the right that I had the procedure on. This pain was from finally working the muscle. The right hip gave me a little pain when I was feeling bold and took a bigger stride. At the end of the day I noticed slight discomfort from the activity. Could not say this was actually pain.
- Day 6: Went to work for 2 hours. Still had some discomfort so I skipped the walk today.
- Day 7: Stayed home from work today. No discomfort today so I took 15 minute walk. Same discomfort at end of day.
- Day 8, 9 and 10: Same activity as Day 7 with discomfort at end of day.
- Plan to try biking on day 11 at Rock Valley College. There is a nice flat bike path there.
Biggest problem was the migraine I had starting day one lasting through Sunday. I did not take anything for the pain. I had Imitrex here for this but did not want to take the chance. Stopping hydrocodone cold turkey was a challenge. Sleepless nights, skin crawling and high anxiety every night. Not as bad last night. Maybe I am turning the corner. A lot of late night hot showers and ice cream helps a little.
I have not taken any medications of any kind since July 31. No alcohol since July 4th.
Thank you very much for allowing me to be part of this study. This is truly a miracle. Much thanks to your team and staff. Always friendly, informative and more than willing to take the extra time to explain the details.