Dr. Sheinkop is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon in Chicago, IL and Mt Prospect, IL. He is also a former director of the joint replacement program and Professor Emeritus at Rush University Medical Center.
Dr. Sheinkop is a leading authority on the treatment of patients with complex hip and knee disorders. In addition, he is well known for his pioneering use of computer-assisted navigation, minimally-invasive technologies and hip resurfacing techniques. Dr. Sheinkop is a graduate of the Chicago Medical School and did fellowships in pediatric orthopedics and hand surgery. He has done extensive research in the fields of uni-compartmental, minimally invasive solutions, hip resurfacing systems, and navigated arthroplasty.
Dr. Sheinkop’s list of clinical research endeavors
- Stem Cell Counts and the Outcome of Bone Marrow Concentrate intra-articular and intra-osseous (subchondroplasty) interventions at the knee for grades 2 and 3 OA.
(supported in part by Celling). Ongoing
- Outcomes of Bone Marrow Concentrate (stem cell, platelet and growth factor) Intervention at the Knee for Grades 2 and 3 OA in 50 patients at 2 to 4 years.
(supported in part by Regenexx)
- Outcomes of Intra-articular Bone Marrow Concentrate versus those of combined Intraarticular and Intraosseous interventions for grades 2 and 3 OA at the knee at one year.
- How does the PRP and Mononucleated cell count affect the outcome of a BMC intervention for grades 2 and 3 Knee OA?
(a joint project with Greyledge) Ongoing
- Safety and Efficacy of Percutaneous Injection of Micro-Fractured Adipose Tissue for grade 4 Osteoarthritic Knees, minimum follow-up of 18 months in 30 patients
(supported in part by Lipogems)
- A Lyophilized Amniotic Fluid Clinical Trial for Grades 2 and 3 Knee OA
(supported by MiMedx) Ongoing
- An Amniotic Fluid Cryopreserved Clinical Trial for Grades 2 and 3 Knee OA in 30 patients.
(supported by MiMedx)
- An Amniotic Fluid Cryopreserved Clinical Trial for Grades 2 and 3 Knee OA in 45 patients.
(sponsored by Liventa)